Monday, December 14, 2009

Convince Yourself!


"Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly." ~ Richard Bach


Did you know that you can change the way you think.  Literally tell yourself the way your life is and so it will be.  Why not give yourself some new suggestions?  Here's a great one he mentioned:  "I will meet someone today that will give me the gift of an idea that will help me change my life."  Try it and let me know what happens!


I was working on my thesis this morning and felt so uninspired and so stuck.  I am so convinced that I am not capable of  scholarly writing that it has become debilitating.  I feel like I am wearing a giant lead weight and become totally and completely blocked for hours on end.  I mean months on end - this darn thing was due two months ago!  And if you know the type of student that I am, you know that I work very hard to be successful in my school endeavors.  So this has been painful to deal with.  I needed to turn it in tonight so I had to make some more headway.


I was surfing the web, trying to get myself going.  Somehow I found a website that had interviews with mind, body, spirit life strategists that caught my attention.  Some of these sites are not professional while others are enlightening.  This one looks promising.  After listening to a podcast online, I was finally able to convince myself that I could sit still, ignore distractions and get something valuable written.  And I really did!  I thought I was completely tapped out but I was finally able to get some good work done.  My energy changed from that of a defeated, disgusted slug to an I-can-do-it energized, optimistic and grateful dynamo! Honestly, it feels like a miracle to me.  Maybe not on the order of life and death, but a miracle nonetheless.    


I heard a radio podcast on StrategiesforLiving.com with author Richard Bach.  He has a great voice and is so easy to listen to.  He mentioned coincidences, which of course I refer to as intuition or divine intervention.  So i thought I would mention it here.  He also said that hypnotism is really self-hypnotism.  We have been accepting suggestions our whole life and haven't even realized it.  Check out the site.


4 comments:

  1. Kim I am so happy for you, I know exactly how you felt. I can remember the feeling of despair while writing my paper, as well as the amazing feeling when the weight was lifted.
    The website you mentioned sounds wonderful I will check it out ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kim, dont worry about the thesis too much. It feels overwhelming but you will get through it. The feeling when you are done is so awesome! I didn't feel that my mine was up to par either, but it worked for everyone who counted.
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim,

    I know how you feel about academic writing, feel that way myself its not something that comes easy to me at all, keep on keeping on... you sound like someone who will get there with a smile on your face at the end of it...

    take care
    Gill xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gill, Julia and Deb,

    Yes - i did finish - hallelujah!!! I graduated Feb 5 2010 and i am teaching math at the community college starting in January.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate your comments and feedback!